Love, Simon is the 2018 movie adaptation of Becky Albertalli’s YA novel Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, revealed in 2015. The movie follows Simon Spier (Nick Robinson), a closeted homosexual highschool pupil. He spends most of his time together with his loving household and three finest associates, however he fears that popping out would disrupt the peace and alter the best way they see him. When an nameless pupil comes out on-line, Simon reaches out to him, retaining his personal id a secret as nicely. The 2 start corresponding about what it’s prefer to be closeted in highschool, however one other pupil discovers Simon’s secret and threatens to disclose his id to the entire faculty. Whereas Simon tries to determine who he’s speaking to on-line, he’s pressured to determine how he’s going to return out to his family and friends earlier than he’s outed towards his will.
The movie is generally upbeat and leans into the cinematic high quality of coming-of-age. Most of the songs on the soundtrack are produced and carried out by Jack Antonoff of Bleachers. Just like the story itself, the soundtrack is mild and lends the movie an optimistic high quality. Listed below are a number of the finest songs featured in Love, Simon.
- Rollercoaster by Bleachers
- Strawberries & Cigarettes by Troye Sivan
- Love Me by The 1975
- The Oogum Boogum Music by Brenton Wooden
- I Wanna Dance With Any individual (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
- Maintaining a Secret by Bleachers
- Wild Coronary heart by Bleachers
- Waterloo Sundown by The Kinks
- No one Converse by DJ Shadow & Run the Jewels
- Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett
- Heaven by Warrant