This shortcut recipe for fast no yeast cinnamon rolls makes buttery, homestyle rolls that fluff up fantastically—and in file time! Because you’re skipping the yeast, you can even skip the normal dough rising and kneading and have cinnamon rolls in about 40 minutes. They’re good for the occasions you crave do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls, and don’t need to wait!
You recognize whenever you get up and assume, “I want I might have do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls proper now,” and you then bear in mind it’s a must to wait 1,000,000 hours for dough to rise and also you cry into your boring bowl of cereal? …No? Simply me?
I’ve been on a quest to develop a recipe for fast cinnamon rolls that keep all the flavour and fluff with out the endurance and work that yeast requires. (As a result of, in actuality, I’m drained however nonetheless need to bake one thing. LOL.) My do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls take about 4 and 1/2 hours, or should be prepped the evening earlier than. Even my straightforward cinnamon rolls require endurance, rising, and kneading.
So if you would like from-scratch cinnamon rolls NOW, make immediately’s no yeast model.
These No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls Are:
- Handy when you’re busy and drained however nonetheless need do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls.
- Prepared in lower than 45 minutes.
- Delicate, fluffy, and buttery.
- NOT dense! Surprisingly not dense in any respect!
- Full of candy brown sugar and cinnamon spice.
- Slathered with tangy cream cheese icing.
- Excellent as a particular breakfast with out all of the work and ready.
Plus, there’s NO kneading, NO rising, and the dough comes collectively in simply 1 bowl. And you may bake them in a pie dish, cake pan, and even as cinnamon roll muffins. This recipe is dynamite.
Key Substances & Why This Recipe Works
I used my straightforward cinnamon rolls dough as the place to begin for immediately’s no yeast model. It’s a well-liked recipe and I knew it might be good as the muse. From there, I made the next modifications:
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: Since we’re skipping yeast, we have to change it with one other leavener. (Except you need to eat cinnamon hockey pucks for breakfast!) I attempted the dough with solely baking powder at first, however shortly discovered the dense rolls benefitted from somewhat baking soda as nicely. With the crutch of baking soda, the following batch browned somewhat nicer and fluffed up extra.
- Extra Melted Butter: Like my chocolate chip cookies, this recipe excels with melted butter! The melted butter helps create a chewy bread-like texture, plus it seeps into each nook and cranny so you possibly can actually style the buttery goodness. In comparison with my common cinnamon rolls recipe, I added somewhat further butter for extra taste.
- Chilly Buttermilk: Since we’re utilizing somewhat baking soda, we want an acid within the dough. Buttermilk does the job, plus it additionally provides somewhat tang, somewhat fluff, and somewhat softness. (Prefer it does in pancakes!) And seize the buttermilk proper from the fridge as a result of chilly milk retains the in any other case smooth and buttery dough workable.
Baking soda, melted butter, and buttermilk are additionally key elements in my no yeast bread recipe.
After just a few trials and errors, I used to be shocked with the ultimate outcome. These no yeast cinnamon rolls style just like the yeasted model and solely took me about 40 minutes whole. Clearly they’re not as flaky and doughy as the normal, however I don’t assume anybody would EVER discover or complain that there’s no yeast. (My 10+ style testers ohh’d and ahh’d with out batting a watch!)
Easy methods to Make Fast No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
You possibly can go from craving to consuming heat, gooey from-scratch cinnamon rolls in file time. Right here’s how my recipe works:
- Make the dough: Whisk the dry elements collectively, then add within the moist elements. The dough ought to be fairly smooth, however not overly sticky.
- Form the cinnamon rolls: Roll the dough into a ten×14-inch rectangle. This measurement doesn’t should be precise, so don’t stress. Unfold butter on high after which sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Tightly roll up the dough and lower into 12 items. Place in a greased pan.
- Bake: Bake till the rolls puff up and look golden brown, about 22–26 minutes.
- Make the icing: Whereas the cinnamon rolls bake, make the icing utilizing cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. I like that this cream cheese icing doesn’t use gobs of confectioners’ sugar; it’s a pleasant creamy, buttery, tangy blanket in your rolls. For a less complicated topping, do that vanilla icing as an alternative.
- Eat: Slather the icing in your heat cinnamon rolls and luxuriate in!
Listed below are step-by-step images so what to anticipate:
Earlier than chopping, you possibly can mark the 14-inch log with a knife to make sure you have 12 even rolls. That’s what I often do:
Success Tip: Count on a Delicate Dough
Don’t incorporate extra flour than you want on this dough. I need you to count on and embrace a smooth dough. As a substitute of blending extra flour INTO the dough to make it workable, use further flour when shaping the rolls. If the dough is sticking to your counter and rolling pin as you’re employed, mud all of it with extra flour.
Backside line: Mixing in additional flour than you want might end in crumbly, dense rolls. As a substitute, use it when assembling the rolls.
Can I Bake These as Cinnamon Roll Muffins?
Sure! When you love the marginally crusty, chewy exterior of a cinnamon roll that’s been baked closest to the sting of the pan, strive baking these no yeast cinnamon rolls as muffins. After chopping your 12 rolls, place them in a greased normal 12-count muffin pan. Every roll will get that crusty edge all the best way round, and so they puff up fantastically once they bake. Such a enjoyable recipe!
And when you’re on a roll (ha!), strive these cinnamon roll cookies too. 😉
This shortcut recipe yields a dozen basic, homestyle cinnamon rolls that fluff up fantastically—with none yeast, kneading, nor rise time. They’re good for the occasions you crave do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls, and don’t need to wait!
Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a spherical 9-inch pie dish or 9-inch cake pan. (See Notes for muffin pan directions.) For further buttery rolls, I prefer to grease the baking dish with 1–2 teaspoons of melted butter as an alternative of non-stick spray.
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt collectively. Add the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Combine with a picket spoon or rubber spatula till a dough varieties. Dough will likely be very smooth and barely sticky. If it’s too sticky and wouldn’t roll, add extra flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time, till dough appears workable. Don’t add extra flour than you want; a smooth dough is sweet.
- Place dough on a floured work floor and utilizing a frivolously floured rolling pin, roll dough into a ten×14-inch (25x35cm) rectangle.
- Fill the rolls: Unfold softened butter (the softer, the simpler it’s to unfold!) everywhere in the dough. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon collectively. Sprinkle everywhere in the high. Roll it up tightly right into a 14-inch log. Utilizing a really sharp knife, lower into 12 rolls; every roll is barely wider than 1 inch. Organize rolls within the ready pan.
- Bake the rolls: Bake for 22–26 minutes, till frivolously browned across the edges. When you discover the tops are getting too brown too shortly, loosely tent the pan with aluminum foil and proceed baking. If you wish to be exact about their doneness, their inside temperature taken with an on the spot learn thermometer ought to be round 195-200°F (91-93°C) when accomplished. Take away pan from the oven and place pan on a wire rack as you make the icing. (You too can make the icing because the rolls bake.)
- Make the icing: In a medium bowl utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on excessive velocity till easy and creamy. Add the butter and beat till easy and mixed, then beat within the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla till mixed. Utilizing a knife or icing spatula, unfold the icing over the nice and cozy rolls and serve instantly.
- Cowl leftover frosted or unfrosted rolls tightly and retailer at room temperature for as much as 2 days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Make Forward Directions: If completely wanted, you may make the dough and assemble the rolls the evening earlier than. Cowl and refrigerate, then convey to room temperature earlier than baking as directed. The rolls don’t puff up fairly as properly for the reason that baking powder initially prompts as soon as moist. For greatest outcomes, bake straight away.
- Freezing Directions: Baked rolls might be frozen for as much as 2–3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge and heat up earlier than having fun with.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is required for this recipe, however in a pinch you may make your individual DIY model of buttermilk if wanted. Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to a liquid measuring cup. Then add sufficient entire milk to the identical measuring cup till it reaches 3/4 cup. Stir it round and let sit for five minutes. The do-it-yourself “buttermilk” will likely be considerably curdled and able to use within the recipe.
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins: You possibly can bake these rolls in a greased normal 12-count muffin pan. No want for muffin liners. Bake time is about 20 minutes.
- Icing Alternate options: If cream cheese isn’t your favourite, you might high the rolls with vanilla icing, the brown sugar icing from these pumpkin donuts, maple icing from maple cinnamon rolls, and even the caramel icing from apple cinnamon rolls. A lot of choices!
Key phrases: no yeast cinnamon rolls
Easy methods to Be a part of the August Sally’s Baking Problem
Make the no yeast cinnamon rolls as directed or in a muffin pan (see recipe Be aware for that variation). When you aren’t into this recipe, right here is the alternate baking problem recipe:
After you make the cinnamon rolls or alternate recipe, e mail us your recipe picture. For a bonus entry, depart a overview on the recipe under.
By emailing your recipe picture to us, you might be robotically entered within the baking problem. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Reward Card. The problem is open to the entire world. Problem ends on August thirty first at 5pm Jap. The winner will likely be chosen at random, emailed the prize, and posted within the September Baking Problem weblog submit on September 1st.
Go to the Sally’s Baking Problem web page when you have any questions on Sally’s Baking Problem.